Monday, January 14, 2013

Traditions.

Before Christmas there was a chili cook off at the house of some friends.  The reason I mention this is that on that evening I decided to make some chili by adding the spiciest things I could find and as many veggies as I could as well.  This chili never made it to the cook off, but it did become multiple days of lunch.  When we returned after the break we had a veggie kabob night in celebration of a friend's bday, and again this ended up being lunch for 4 people on Monday and Tuesday.  This weekend I invited some friends over to make a stir fry of potatoes and whatever veggies they might want to bring.  Between the three of us we had 10 potatoes, 5 peppers, 4 onions, 2 bulbs of garlic, a few dozen baby okra, 3 giant carrots, and 3 eggplants to cut up and eat.  Before we got the piles of veggies cut up we managed to create a bunch of guacamole with 2 and a half giant avocados.  The downside of the guacamole was that by the time we finished up the veggie stir fry was that we weren't hungry for the dinner, but now we have lunch for the week.  This is now a tradition that I hope to make part of my weekly life.  The time spent with food, friends, and board games is something that I really appreciate here in the DR.
This is the last week of the first semester and I am excited for the change that the new one will bring us.  When I update this next week my day at school will be about 50% different which should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment