Tuesday, January 22, 2013

So the weather here is kind of perfect.

In the mornings I wake up and am a little chilly, it is actually cold enough to warrant gloves, sweater, and jacket for my 5 minute moto ride to school.  By the time afternoon hits I find myself comfortable in basically anything from a t-shirt to a hoody.  This wonderful weather forces me outside and the last few days have seen a lot of time spent under the sun.  Every Friday there is a "intramural" soccer game that teachers and staff are invited to play in with the students, and with the great weather there was no way I could say no.  Saturday again was beautiful and I found myself out running on the country roads that surround the side of town I live on.  Sunday is ultimate frisbee and I made my debut there this weekend which was a lot of fun and a good chance to meet people outside of our Doulos community.  Leading up to yesterday we had been trying to get a group of our guys to climb a local mountain with us, but there ended up being a lot of confusion and in the end my friend Brad (math teacher) and I were the only ones that made the journey.  Today will be the finale of activity outdoors, at YL tonight we are playing kickball!  As long as the weather stays this awesome you will find me outdoors every chance I get, even tomorrow when you can find me in my hammock reading a book.  Hopefully when I return to the states next time I will at least look a little bit like I live in the Caribbean.

No comments:

Post a Comment