Monday, December 10, 2012

Time for a break.

Given the fact that this time next week I will be in Kansas City, this will be my last post until I return to the Dominican Republic after Christmas.  I am excited about my last week before Christmas here and I am excited about heading back to KC, I'm really happy that I am not at a place that really wants either one more than the other.
This past week was a good one.  We concluded our Expeditions on Thursday night with Expedition night, it was a fun chance for all of the different grades to showcase what they had been working on.  My juniors had been explore the world of through cultural conflicts and made a video about it that I hope to post soon.  The downside to the video is that it is in Spanish.  Its good to be done with Expedition, but it was good to be doing it as well.
This weekend was spent at Christmas parties and an Aguilas game.  Las Aguilas are the local LIDOM team and have the likes of Manny Ramirez, Bartolo Colon, Miguel Tejada, and others playing for them.  The atmosphere is quite a bit different than in the states and it is a lot of fun.  If you ever have the chance to visit the DR during beisbol season you should head to a game.  Myself a student of mine and his older brother went and outside of the fact that we left following the seventh inning when we were down 7-0, we had a great time.  The funny thing is that after we left las aguilas scored 7 in the 8th but lost it in the 9th.  Oh well.
This week will be spent finishing strong and in a flurry of fun.  Tuesday night YL party, Friday night another Aguilas game, fake ice skating, and cigar factory tour, along with other random events in the evening here.
Hasta Pronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment