Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Rhythm

So life is almost at that place where routines are the dominant force of daily activities.  It is nice to have these things set up, but it is also good to not be completely comfortable yet as it helps me wrestle with issues I encounter here instead of just skimming over them.  School is in full swing although the need to be flexible is a constant here as things are always slightly in flux  Yesterday I found out that the Sophomores and Juniors would be going to the Capitol for a college fair field trip, this is one of those good times where I am left with most of the day to plan out the coming weeks.  I am not always this lucky, yesterday when I got home from school we didn't have power for a few hours, that would be the norm.  An exciting thing that is happening to my daily schedule is the fact that I decided to start volunteering with YoungLife, this should add some fun spice to my life.

Some exciting events of the near future...

This weekend: Climbing Pico Duarte and hanging out in the Valle de Tetero with all of the gringo men staff at Doulos.  This will be three days of adventure and hanging out in some of the most beautiful mountain scenes in the county.  We will also tag the summit of Pico Duarte which is the largest mountain in the Caribbean and larger than any mountain west of the Mississippi River.

Next weekend:  Hiking 27 waterfalls with some friends from Doulos and YL here.  27 waterfalls is a crazy area a couple hours away from Jarabacoa that is full of waterfalls that are both beautiful and fun to jump off of.  I am excited to go here because it is not something I would have naturally sought after on my own, but looks like a lot of fun.

Hopefully the links I added will work and you can click on them to see some of the fun places I will be going.

Oh yeah I also made the decision to stay in my home stay for the next year which will be great for my Spanish and continual learning of what it looks like to live life as a Dominican.  We are getting wifi in the next couple days which was the deal maker for me.


2 comments:

  1. I knew you couldnt pass up YL! ha. ps- I lost your form for the attachment to support you...what is it again!? i am a slacker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is actually a cool new thing I added to the blog a couple weeks ago. On the right hand side you can pick an amount to support me monthly and just follow that paypal link. Otherwise you can go to the Doulos website and do it http://www.doulosdiscovery.org/donation.htm.

    ReplyDelete