Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Exciting!

I just wanted to update this to let people know that my life dramatically changed after school yesterday.  To many of you this may not sound like a big deal, but trust me, my standard of living is going up 10 fold.  I bought a motorcycle!  Its a X1000 CG150, so by US standards it is really small, but here it is bigger than average.  I am so sick of walking everywhere and sweating like crazy, as well as having to flag down motoconchos (motorcycle taxi) that I broke down and spent the RD25,000 (roughly $650, the conversion is 39.02:1)  it cost.  I am buying a helmet after school today so I can learn to ride better, a lot of bikes here have a hand clutch which is very different than motorcycles in the states so its funny to learn at first.  Doulos also does not let anyone in the parking lot without a helmet on.
Life has been good and it just got better.    

1 comment:

  1. Looking on th Corpus FB I saw this site. I just went back and read everything and I am super hype on following along with your awesomeness. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete