Monday, September 3, 2012

Good to know.

So I basically know all of my roles at Doulos now and it is kind of exciting to be cemented into them now.  This semester I am teaching Junior and Senior Social Studies, a selected devotional, and a Freshman devotional.  As well as those classes I have also become the Guide for the Senior class which is more or less like a class Sponsor.  I am excited to get to the know the Seniors really well and explore what it means for them to be in the final year of school, and I am honored that I get to celebrate all they have accomplished with them.  Some things we will be thinking about are if they want to do a prom of sorts, what a graduation party might look like, and how are we going to pay for these things.  
On a sort of different note YoungLife had a chance to checkout what exactly it is here in La Republica Dominicana.  Myself and a few others made the 5 mile drive to Pico Escondido which is the amazing camp that services the DR.  Entering into life here has been a big change and I am processing what it would look like to be involved with a ministry such as YL.  The weekend itself was a blast and we got to do their giant swing, go swimming, and have a good time spending time with each other.  
Really close to the house I am living in is a fancy hotel that you can stay at for $75 a night.  I went and took some pictures there so you can see how beautiful things right around the corner are.  I also made a video of my house, but its taking forever to upload so it will be up another day.







No comments:

Post a Comment