Saturday, August 11, 2012

Megote

One of the things I have done for fun every weekend so far is climb the largest local montana.  The name of the mountain is Megote and I have heard it is the 5th or 6th largest mountain on the island at just under 5000 feet.  Today I decided to do it by myself so I could see how fast I could make it up and down, both of which are good ways to make yourself want to throw-up and turn your legs into wobbly jello.  In the end I made it up in just over 54 minutes and back down in another 25 minutes.
Up Megote by djb5w5 at Garmin Connect - Details -hit map and then terrain to get a topo look.
Anybody that wants to visit me in Jarabacoa might take a look at the specs on the climb I posted so you can become familiar with the leg destruction that will happen.  Soon I will get some pics of the view from up top, but it will have to be a day in which the hiking is slower than today. 

In other none climbing life news... I went to the church of my host last week and it was cool, although I don't understand much of what is going on except for when we sing.  Its easier for me to process what is being said/sang when I can read it.  Every day my Spanish grows a bit so life continues to be more livable.  Tomorrow I am planning on going back to the same church and I hopefully can understand a few more words.

No comments:

Post a Comment